Siblings without Rivalry 6 Week Course in Munich
Dates Monday 10 AM – 12 PM October 16, 23 & November 6, 13, 20,
Only 6 spots available
“That’s mine!”… “No, mine!”
“He punched me!”… “I never touched him!”
“You love her more than me!”
No need to do it alone when coping with sibling rivalry. Join other parents with the same frustrations. Learn how to reduce conflict and generate goodwill among all your children.
The goal of the Siblings Without Rivalry group workshop is to help you help your children learn how to live together. Each session sensitizes parents to what it is that increases hostility between children and the attitude and language that decrease hostility. During each session, parents will learn and practice specific skills that help reduce friction and make harmony possible. Participants will also have the opportunity to take a fresh look at their own adult sibling relationships.
What Will Be Covered in Each Session?
- Helping Siblings Deal with Their Feelings About Each Other – What happens to brothers and sisters when their hostile feelings about each other are ignored or denied? Four specific methods for helping children express their negative feelings to each other without doing damage.
- Keeping Children Separate and Unequal – How siblings react when they are compared to each other – unfavorably or even favorably. Effective alternatives to comparisons. How siblings feel about always being treated equally. Ways to treat children unequally and still be fair.
- Siblings in Roles – Why brothers and sisters are often cast, and cast each other, into different roles. A look at how powerfully these roles affect their relationships with each other. Skills that free each child to become his or her most whole self.
- When the Kids Fight – What can you do when fighting breaks out between the children? An exploration of commonly used strategies that backfire. A chance to practice the skills that reduce rage and motivate children to work out their own solutions.
- Problem Solving – A method for helping children deal with the problems they can’t work out for themselves. A simple approach that enables adults to sit down with the young combatants so that they can move toward resolving their conflicts.
- A Final Review – Time to review and consolidate your skills. Exercises give you practice in applying everything you learned to potentially explosive situations. Finally, an opportunity to take a second look at your own adult sibling relationships from your new perspective.
- Duration: This is a 6 week workshop. We meet weekly for a maximum of 2 hours. Intended Date Oct/Nov 2017. Time 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM Monday 10 AM – 12 PM October 16, 23 & November 6, 13, 20, 27
- What’s included:
- One on one support by me in an intimate group of only 5 other parents
- 6 week in person sessions 2 hours each
- A special workshop workbook available only through this course (valued at 10€)
- A copy book Siblings without Rivalry by Adele Faber (valued at 15€)
- Cost for six week workshop:
€Early registration before September 30th: 36€/week
€Registration after September 30th: 42€/week
- Location: Leopoldstrasse, 80804 Schwabing, Munich