Link Pack for Expectant Moms
Over the last 2 years I’ve joined several mommy groups on social media. They’re a great place for moms to share experiences and ask for advice. Recently I’ve noticed similar questions being asked especially by new moms about how to start life with baby. I was inspired by Simone of the Montessori Notebook and decided to create a Link Pack just for new mommies with all the links you may need to start your journey into motherhood. I’ll try to cover some of the basic topics like sleeping, feeding, care, play and positive parenting of course 🙂
- Lovely picture diagrams that show how to bathe, play or breastfeed baby.
- Lots of useful videos on how to bathe, dress, play and other topics about newborns.
- Video on how to wrap a baby
- Examples of newborn routine
- Tips to make diaper changing a peaceful time.
Feeding & Sleeping
- Video on typical feeding and sleeping patterns for newborns.
- Breastfeeding positions.
- Safe sleeping positions for newborns.
- A lot of useful articles on sleep in the first 3 years.
- Useful links to health and nutrition in baby’s first 3 years.Self feeding and baby led weaning as well as why to wait till 6 months to start solids
- What to do about TV for kids under 3.
- Great articles on playing with your child in the first 3 years.
- Play ideas for newborns.
- Learning through play with your baby, fun play ideas for your baby in the first year and more ideas for having fun with your newborn.
- Choosing appropriate books for baby in the first year.
Development & Milestones
- Some info on Tummy time.
- Links about your child’s development and milestones in the first year from the CDC and Cleveland Clinic.
- One of my favorite websites that gives a great overview of development and milestones for young children.
- Your baby’s speech and language development in the first year.
Becoming a Parent & Self Care
There are lots of great resources out there. I personally found these to be very helpful. Make sure to check back as I’ll keep adding more links whenever I come across something relevant.